Units are encouraged to submit a reservation form for 2024 as soon as possible with their $250 non-refundable deposit to the Council Service Center or using our registration program Tentaroo. Sessions fill quickly and campsites are given on a first come first served basis. Please list several alternative campsites in case your first choice is not available.
Units may begin to sign up for the 2024 Season beginning September 2023. Deposits can be forwarded from year to year for reservation purposes.
Please Note: Two-deep leadership must be always maintained while at camp. This is the responsibility of each unit. Units may join in a campsite to help meet this requirement. To accommodate the maximum number of Scouts at camp in each session, the camp administration may place smaller troops together in a campsite.
Camp fee payments occur in three steps:
- A non-refundable unit deposit of $250 (credited to total fees due) is made to secure a reservation.
- Additional non-refundable payment of $50 per youth and adult is made by February 15 (credited toward total fees due).
- The Balance:
- To qualify for the Early Bird Discount, the entire balance is due by April 30.
- If not taking advantage of the Early Bird Discount, the balance is due by May 31.
- After May 31, an additional $50 per person will be applied as a late fee.
Making a Change to a Reservation
Make changes to your reservation in writing. Include the unit number, reservation number, changes requested, name of person requesting the change and phone number. It is necessary to have changes in writing to ensure that your reservation is correct. Email to: Council Vice President, Outdoor Programs, Greg Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mail to:
Great Southwest Council, BSA
Attn: Gorham Reservations
5841 Office Blvd NE
Albuquerque NM 87109
Planning and purchasing for camp happens long before camp begins. Consequently, refunds are made as follows:
- Cancellations on or before April 30: all fees paid, less the $250 Troop deposit, which is transferable.
- Between April 30 and May 31, all fees paid, less the $250 Troop deposit, and the $50 per Scout deposit, which are transferable.
- After May 31, no refunds are made unless one of the following is met:
- Family moves out of the Great Southwest Council.
- There is a death or serious illness in immediate family.
- The individual becomes ill and is unable to attend camp.
- No refunds will be made within two weeks of camp.
- Refund requests received after camp, for “no shows” will NOT be honored.
If a refund is granted, it will follow the above policy and include 50% of any prepaid program fees paid after non-refundable unit and individual deposits are deducted. Refund checks are mailed in November and will be made out to the Troop and sent to the unit leader.
Requesting a Refund
Units may request a refund using the refund request form below. If your refund request is earlier than two weeks prior to camp, submit this form to the Council Office. If your refund request is within 2 weeks of camp, submit the refund request form to the business manager when you arrive at camp. Please list the specific reason each Scout was unable to attend.